How Do I Know I Have A Wasp Nest?
If you see wasps entering & leaving a hole in the ground, a wall, roof or any other part of a building between May & November then you probably have a wasp nest. You may be getting ‘unexplained’ wasps inside a room which may indicate a nest nearby. In the Autumn as the days get shorter wasps get attracted to lights inside building which they confuse with sunrise.
Do not be tempted to block the hole up, this will make them angry and aggressive but will not kill the nest, they will find another entrance & may even come inside the house. Some species of wasps will build outside in bushes and trees. You will see a grey or brown structure made of a paper type material. Wasps are aggressive and will sting readily if they think the nest is in danger.
Why Should A Wasp Nest Be Treated?
Every year there are deaths from wasp stings. Although they do some good by feeding on flies, caterpillars and other insects the wasp numbers are probably artificially high because buildings supply unlimited nest sites which in purely natural conditions would be restricted to caves, hollow trees and other natural cavities. They cause massive amount of damage to fruits in the Autumn.
Our Nest Inspection Service
If you found a wasp/hornet nest in your loft, but you didnt’t mention any flying insects so far – STOP now! The nest could be still in a process of establishment with few workers inside which will protect the queen and the nest if you try to destroy it. You might get seriously stung which can lead to bad allergy reaction in some cases even death.
We offer Nest Inspection service for cases like this.
- Our technician will inspect your loft with full protective suit for active wasp/hornet nest instead of you.
- If the nest is abandoned or not active, we will remove the nest and you will get charged only for the price of the inspection.
- If the nest is active and a colony is already established, you will need to proceed with a treatment. Then you will get charged only for the price of the treatment.
- £55 VAT incl. – Inspection only including nest removal for abandoned nest or in case of feral bees.
- £95 VAT incl. – for 1 active nest , including removal if there is access to the nest.
- £35 VAT incl. – for every other nest
All prices include VAT , T&C may apply